Planning Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, NO-C, UNICEF India (GVA)
Apply By: 28 Nov 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. And we never give up!
Click here to learn more about UNICEF: https://youtube/E1xkXZs0cAQ
For Every Child, AN ADVOCATE
In an effort to measurably improve UNICEF's ability to deliver better results for children, there is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in the world's thereby ensuring a better future for every child, this is the chance to make a difference.
The position reports to the Chief of Section / field office. To ensure that UNICEF India has useful, valid and reliable information on the performance of UNICEF-supported programmes including their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability and that evidence is generated and data analyzed on the situation of children and women to support policy advocacy and programme implementation at sub-national level, with particular attention to excluded populations.
a) Specific Technical Knowledge & Competencies Required (for the job)
- Knowledge of Evaluation.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Evaluation Process Management, Follow-up on Recommendations and Dissemination of M&E results.
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group)
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in social policy, demography, statistics, and data management.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in methodology of planning and M&E, including theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in results-based management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Evaluation Design, data analysis, and reporting.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
- Professional/technical knowledge/expertise in Team Management, Coaching & Training.
- Mastery of UNICEF’s M&E policies and procedures.
- Latest programme monitoring and evaluation theory, methodology, technology and tools.
- Understanding of UN Mission and system, current key UN topics; and International Code of Conduct.
- Understanding of UNICEF Mission Statement and UNICEF Guiding Principles.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have.
Requirements of the position (Qualifications, Skills And Competencies):-
Advanced university degree in social sciences, statistics, development studies, planning.
Five years of relevant professional work experience in programme design, development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd