Applications Invited for Student Grants for recognizing the importance of new ideas and avenues of Exploration
Organization: The Explorers Club
Apply By: 18 Nov 2019
Grant Amount: 5000 USD
About the Organization:
The Explorers Club is an international multidisciplinary professional society dedicated to the advancement of field research and the ideal that they are vital to preserve the instinct to explore. Since their inception, the Club has served as a meeting point and unifying force for explorers and scientists worldwide.
The Explorers Club is proud of their history and also looks toward the future by recognizing the importance of new ideas and avenues of exploration. The Club is deeply committed to supporting the fieldwork of serious researchers and, as part of its public service commitment, offers exploration grants in the following categories.
High School Students and College Undergraduates
- The goal of this grant category is to foster a new generation of explorers dedicated to the advancement of the scientific knowledge of our world. The average award is approximately $1,500.
Graduate Students and Immediate Post-Doc
- This category of grant supports exploration and field research for those who are just beginning their research careers. Awards are approximately $2,500 to $5000.
- For 2020 two categories of grants will be available, The Explorers Club – OceanX grants for research involving the ocean and The Explorers Club – Mamont Scholars grants for all categories of field science.
For OceanX and Mamont Grants, please select the “Graduate and Post Graduate Grant Application” option.
Awards for both categories range from $500 to $5,000. They recommend keeping your budget realistic.
Both grant categories will require you to submit the following via our online application system:
- One-page description of your project with attention to scientific objectives.
- Description of qualifications of your project associates and the specific sites of your proposed research.
- One paragraph description of your career objectives and aspirations and how this project fits into that plan.
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor
- Copy of a current student ID.
- Budget outline
- Education and outreach plan.
- Media production plan
Important things to note:
- All applications must be submitted through the online system. If you have trouble with registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Awards for the 2020 Grant Cycle will be announced no sooner than March, 2019. Projects must commence after March 15, 2020. Any project beginning before this date will not be considered.
- Unfortunately, The Explorers Club will not be able to consider research proposals for work being conducted in China or by Chinese citizens. The Explorers Club is considered a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and we do not comply with the Chinese regulations regarding grant awards by NGOs at this time.
Deadline for applications: 5:00 PM EST, November 18, 2019.
To apply, go to http://grants.explorers.org/
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd