Applications Invited for Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP)
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM Indore)
Apply By: 20 Jan 2020
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM Indore) has been a leader in the field of management education, interfacing with the industry, government and PSUs. IIM Indore seeks to be a contextually-relevant business school with world-class academic standards that develops socially-conscious managers, leaders and entrepreneurs.
Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP):
Accredited by Association of MBAs, London (AMBA—UK based accreditation agency), the Post Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management at IIM Indore is a two-year, full-time, residential MBA programme. With the enactment of “The Indian Institutes of Management Act, 2017”, on 24 January 2017, the Institute is empowered with the legal authority to award degrees. Their programme also recognized by the Association of Indian Universities and is considered equivalent to the M.B.A. Degree in April 2001. The programme aims to groom participants into competent professional managers with -
- a capacity to learn and adapt to national and international environment;
- an orientation towards achieving excellence, maintaining high ethical standards and
- a capacity to work effectively and efficiently, both individually and in-groups.
Mission: To produce contextually relevant, socially-conscious managers with exposure to word class management education.
Learning goals: Learning goals of PGP are aligned with the mission of the Institute. Specific learning goals of the PGP programme are as follows.
PGP Programme will:
- Goal 1: Enable students to understand relevance of context in business
- Goal 2: Develop social consciousness
- Goal 3: Develop critical thinking skills
- Goal 4: Inculcate integrative thinking ability
- Goal 5: Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
- Goal 6: Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports.
- Goal 7: Develop competence in quantitative analysis
- Goal 8: Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
Based on feedback from the corporate sector, benchmarking against globally top-ranked MBA programmes and insights from recent studies on the effectiveness of MBA programmes, IIM Indore has launched a new PGP (MBA) programme design from its 2015-17 Batch.
Skill Development Courses: These include Communication, Leadership, Spreadsheet Modeling, Entrepreneurial Orientation, Innovation and Design Thinking and Sustainability, taught in a workshop-based format.
IIM Indore uses a combination of various teaching methods such as cases, projects, computer aided instructions, group discussions, lectures, seminars, presentations by participants and lectures by guest speakers from industry and government. The case method is the predominant pedagogical tool. This sharpens the analytical skills of participants and helps analyze problems from multi- functional perspectives. Instructors mainly guide the group, push participants to develop and defend arguments and take decisions.
The course fee for resident Indians (for two years) is Rs.16,00,000/- (Rupees Sixteen Lacs only) and Rs.24,00,000/- (Rupees Twenty-Four Lacs only) for NRI Candidates. The course fee includes access to lectures, computer facilities, library etc. It also includes alumni fee and lodging. Course fee does not include cost of textbooks, hostel fees, insurance, etc.
- The Post Graduate Programme lasts six trimesters, spread over two years, with a summer project in between the two years. This eight-week programme is an opportunity for participants to put their ideas and skills in to work, in established and reputed companies from various sectors.
- The first year participants are given the fundamental knowledge, analytical skills & techniques, contextual understanding, environmental awareness and overall perspective, which will serve as the bedrock for the programme. The areas covered are Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Quantitative Research, Operations, Economics and Strategy.
- In the second year electives give participants a deeper understanding of different functional areas and enable them to specialize in areas of their choice. The participants are encouraged to select courses in specific domains such as Analytics, Ecom. /IT/ITES, BFS, FMCG, Insurance and Infrastructure. The emphasis is on the application of knowledge gained, in the form of projects, group exercises and case discussions. Guest lectures and workshops further enrich their learning.
Eligibility to Apply:
- To be IIM Indore’s exchange program for one term, a student should be currently an MBA student or an equivalent in a post graduate management programme in a recognized university based outside India.
- He/ She should be in his/her second year of the programme and must have completed the foundation course at the home institution.
- Undergraduate students or first year students are not eligible to participate in the exchange programme.
- If the student is in an integrated course of bachelor and master level programme, the student must be in his/her fifth year.
- Proficiency in English language in both written and verbal form is compulsory.
Deadline: January 20
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd