Senior Research Analyst - Consumer
Organization: BCG - Boston Consulting Group
Apply By: 31 Aug 2022
About the Organization
Boston Consulting Group is a global consulting firm that partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. Our success depends on a spirit of deep collaboration and a global community of diverse individuals determined to make the world and each other better every day.
As a Senior Research Analyst within BCG’s Data and Research Service (DRS) function, you will take the lead as research thought partner in the Consumer sector with key focus on Consumer Products, Durables, Fashion & Luxury and Travel & Tourism by providing specialized support for proposals, client cases and business or internal development initiatives. Whilst providing local and regional leadership in covered topics and contributing to longer term case engagements, you will also act as a role model and mentor to junior colleagues, providing quality assurance and trainings in specific sectors. Alongside daily operational responsibilities including management of outsourcing partners etc. you will support more complex research requests and be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of covered topics.
BCG's Consumer Practice creates breakthrough strategies for clients across all consumer sectors. The consumer environment and consumer behaviors are fundamentally changing as innovation and ecosystems continue to evolve. We work collaboratively with our clients and across our capabilities to deliver insights, produce results, and create profound value.
Providing exceptional levels of customer service
- You will work to build and drive the business relationship with Consumer sector teams and will drive business development whilst fostering excellent partnerships with senior Knowledge Team Members, as well as Principals and Partners
- Confident communication (written and verbal) with senior stakeholders comes easily to you and able to navigate complexity and ambiguity
- Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic often virtual, proficient in agile ways of working
- Flexibility and bringing a curious and creative mindset, open to new things and ability to propose innovative ideas
Applying topic knowledge and industry expertise in a commercial context
- You will contribute to content development in 2-3 topics within Consumer and demonstrate solid problem-solving / lateral thinking abilities
- You will contribute to building the "best in class research function" to understand knowledge needs; proactively identifying knowledge gaps, suggesting improvements in the research process, and helping develop the overall DRS service portfolio
Coaching and developing others
- Working with the Research Lead, you will develop and guide junior DRS team members and contribute to developing DRS products including primers, guides, best practices, and other resources to train others
Leveraging digital tools
- Along with collecting, summarizing, and synthesizing relevant data and information into appropriate, concise, timely and highly effective output, you will also be capable of modelling in Excel, and PowerPoint storylining and eager to utilize digital tools such as Alteryx, Tableau etc.
Working flexibly in a fast-paced environment
- In addition to working in a deadline-driven environment, you should be flexible to provide backup support out of your core area of specialization and able to cover for DRS Management when the business requires
- Strong attention to detail is essential, along with excellent problem-solving orientation and the ability to prioritize and multitask
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- 4-6+ years of relevant working experience, in the Consumer sector managing projects across a variety of sub-topics within consumers, such as Consumer Products, Durables, Fashion & Luxury and Travel & Tourism
- Sound understanding of sector and databases such as Euromonitor, Mintel, Global Data, Refinitiv etc. is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree plus MBA with a strong preference for analytic programs (e.g. economics, commerce, engineering, sciences)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent English
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd