Position Vacant: Research Associate
Number of Position: One
Location: New Delhi
Centre for Chronic Disease Control (CCDC) is a not-for-profit research organization of health professionals and social scientists engaged in knowledge generation and knowledge translation for the prevention and control of non-communicable (chronic) diseases in varied settings of the developing countries. CCDC has been recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. CCDC also holds recognition as a WHO Collaborating Centre for Surveillance, Capacity Building and Translational Research in Cardio-metabolic diseases.
Project Brief: This project involves analysing datasets from various ongoing Population based research studies in non-communicable diseases and secondary data sources with the aim of:
- developing manuscripts for publication
- developing new grant proposals for obtaining funding
The project will provide an excellent opportunity for both fresh and experienced candidates with a flair for analysing and writing, to collaborate with leading researchers and develop an exciting career in public health research.
The Position will be based in New Delhi
Job Responsibilities :
- Carry out statistical analysis of data collected under various research projects
- Draft manuscripts for publications
- Contribute to writing grant proposals
- Coordination of select research projects
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
Qualification & Skill Required:
Essential: Master’s in Health Sciences, Desirable: PhD (Health Sciences)
Experience: Demonstrable experience in writing manuscripts (as evidenced by published papers)
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis of large data sets, including regression analysis
- Ability to draft manuscripts for publication
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Effective Communication skills
- Ability to make logical decisions and ensure transparency
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, and present CTC.