Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Technician Consultants
Organization: UN Agency
Apply By: 07 Jul 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi) Bhopal(Madhya Pradesh) Mumbai(Maharashtra)
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Technician Consultants for Various Locations for an UN Agency
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: 15 vacancies
2. DUTY STATIONS and VACANCIES:
(1) One vacancy each in Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, and Ranchi
(2) Two vacancies in New Delhi
3. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The vacancies are for an UN Agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The organization works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, defend their rights, and help them fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
Purpose of Assignment:
The Agency wishes to urgently engage 15 ICT professionals to be based at their different field offices across India, to provide on-site and/or remote ICT support, to staff at respective locations. The post-holders shall be responsible for diagnosing, resolving or escalating hardware, software, network, connectivity issues and providing support in audio-visual collaboration systems and liaise with Delhi ICT Team to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
The incumbent will also provide call documentation and prepares reports on service issues. S/he shall also be responsible for providing support to the new staff with basic software orientation in conjunction with Delhi ICT Team.
4. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Operation Heads in respective field offices, the ICT Technicians shall perform the following major duties and tasks and held accountable for key end-results and abide by the Agency’s Global and Local Information Security Policies:
A. Provide Timely Support with Laptops, Printers, Smartphones, Satphones and Other Hardware in close coordination with Delhi ICT Team:
(1) Perform first line user support to end-users seeking in person or remote (on phone/email) technical assistance, following standard diagnostic questions/technique
(2) Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
(3) Install and configure end-user equipment;
(4) Provide support with MFPs, scanning, photocopying, printing, etc.;
(5) Install approved apps in users smartphones including configuration support;
(6) Ensure all network equipment are operational and report to country office ICT Team in Delhi on faults;
(7) Provide support in testing office emergency telecome equipment regularly and ensure they are in operational state;
(8) Record all reported events and problems and their resolution in the ICT management tool and keep the users informed of their calls' status as appropriate;
(9) Keep staff informed of notable trends, solutions, fixes, delays and other issues;
B. Provide Effective Support with MS Office 365 suite:
(1) Provide support to users on advanced features of MS Office applications;
(2) Provide assistance remotely to the Delhi ICT Team on administrative tasks;
(3) Install authorized software in conjunction with the Delhi ICT Team;
(4) Provide orientation on standard software /applications to staff.
C. Provide Effective Support with Audio-Visual Collaboration Systems and Meetings:
(1) Provide support with Virtual collaboration tools and Video Conferencing, manage LCD projectors, Laptops, etc;
(2) Setup virtual conferences in conjunction with the Delhi ICT Team and facilitate in conducting them as needed;
(3) Setup conferences using hardware and peripherals including network/ LAN connectivity;
D. Ensure LAN/ Mobile Connectivity, Including Operational State of BCP Sites at the Residences of CFOs and/or Designated Staff Homes for Best Performance:
(1) Provide user support with network connectivity at offices, both Wi-Fi and LAN.
(2) Liaise with ISPs in conjunction with the Delhi ICT Team to troubleshoot issues and ensure the connectivity (both Wi-Fi and LAN) is maintained
(3) Provide support to users with Mobile/ Data voice services and ensure the best possible quality of service.
(4) Ensure proper operational state and connectivity of equipment in consultation with the Delhi ICT Team;
(5) Build capacity of users on Mobile Apps for virtual meetings and collaboration.
(E) Assist in Managing ICT Assets of Respective Offices:
(1) Provide periodic report on ICT assets and reconcile items with the database.
(2) Prepare end-user equipment for disposal as per prescribed processes, including formatting of laptops for uninstalling the Agency’s licensed software.
(3) Liaise with the Delhi ICT Team to ensure timely repair/ warranty services;
(F) Other Tasks as Appropriate and Assigned by Operations Manager / Delhi ICT Team:
Any other ICT or related operational function as assigned by concerned Operations Managers or Delhi ICT Service Desk Manager.
(Note: The Agency shall provide an organizational standard laptop to the ICT Technicians).
5. CANDIDATE PREFERENCE / CHOICE OF DUTY STATIONS:
Applicants should indicate in order of preference, a maximum of two locations that they wish to apply for. Location preferences shall be restricted to present, or earlier duty station, or place of residence, or domicile of the candidate and the correctness of the same, verified at the time of interview or selection. While efforts shall be made to place selected candidates as per their preference, candidates found suitable, may be placed at other locations, based on the needs of the project and discretion of the Agency.
(Note: ICT Technicians shall need to be physically based at their designated duty stations and allowed to work from home as per applicable lockdown guidelines, for the duration of the pandemic. Post-holders shall be required to work from their respective field offices, thereafter and undertake periodic travel, as per the needs of the job).
6. SUPERVISOR: Operations Heads in respective field offices; Service Desk Manager in Delhi ICT Team.
7. NATURE OF ENGAGEMENT: The ICT Technicians shall be hired on a consultancy contract through Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), a respected HR Agency.
8. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualifications and Skills
(1) Applicants must have completed Higher Secondary Education and/or have a Diploma for an equivalent level of education Applicants must possess computer related certification (e.g. Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals or in equivalent Microsoft Foundation Support certification);
(2) Basic and Advanced Software Skills covering: Latest Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office 365, virtual collaboration tools such as, Zoom, Teams, Webex and other Video Conferencing applications;
(3) Hands on experience in troubleshooting of hardware, networking and mobile devices;
(4) Graduate applicants shall be at an advantage;
(5) Knowledge of ITIL best practices is desired. ITIL Foundation Certification is a plus.
Minimum two years of practical work experience in ICT help desk environments basic hardware, software, diagnostics, networking, mobile devices including hands on experience with virtual collaboration systems.
(1) Applicants must possess excellent communication skills in English and Hindi;
(2) Applicants must be able to work and collaborate effectively with people and teams;
(3) Good knowledge of computers with proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point, Zoom, Teams etc;
(4) Practical knowledge of computer systems, software, applications, network, data communications, telecommunications, hardware and software installation, service management, end-user assistance, preparation of end-user equipment and documentation in general:
(a) Knowledge of Office environment and users;
(b) Knowledge of Service Desk tools and processes;
(c) Practices and principles of Service Desk management / protocols;
(d) Systems rollout and implementation in the office;
(e) Practices and principles of systems support;
(f) Practices and principles of ICT analysis, problem identification and resolution.
9. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation shall be negotiated with selected applicants in the range INR 32,000-40,000/- per month, based on location, expertise and other factors.
10. LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
(1) Fluency in English and Hindi is essential;
(2) Fluency/ knowledge of local language of the location of posting shall be an advantage.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
12. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/un by or before July 07, 2021
The Agency is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from qualified women, persons with disability and/or specified SC/ST/OBC.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd