Organization: The Humsafar Trust
Apply By: 23 Jun 2021
The Humsafar Trust
Relevant Sectors: Finance, CA, Administration, Management, HIV/AIDS
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Finance Director, The Humsafar Trust, Mumbai
Founded in April 1994, The Humsafar Trust (HST) is India’s first community-based organization (CBO) of self-identified homosexual men, MSM, Hijras and LBT persons. The HIV interventions of HST are supported by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) to provide health services to Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender communities every year through Public Health Care delivery systems and its In-house clinics. HST organises advocacy workshops for health care provides, law enforcement agencies, judiciary, legislators, politicians and political parties, Government bodies, media, student community to sensitise them on Gay, MSM and TG issues. HST also provides legal support, crisis management, mental health and nutrition counselling to its communities.
The Humsafar Trust has been awarded the Sub recipient of the Global fund Project, “Reaching the Missing Million – A virtual approach”. This project aims to fast-track national HIV response to reach first 95 targets, by reaching key populations (high risk groups, at risk adolescents and youth, men, and women with high-risk behaviors) through virtual platforms. It also focuses on community systems strengthening, focusing on the health and human rights of key populations. For more information about The Humsafar Trust, please visit: https://www.humsafar.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
- Supervise the Accounting, HR Associate and assign jobs relevant to accounts payable, accounts receivable, new-hire onboarding, benefits administration, and broker relationship management.
- Oversee maintenance of personnel files.
- Assist in the management of grants reporting, compliance, and reconciliation.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all of the following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Suggest improvements in processes to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Adoption of necessary feedbacks and observation received from LFA/OIG team to strengthen the financial system shall also be ensured.
- Will be accountable to funding and reporting to Alliance and Global Fund teams and also ensuring smooth flow of finances and regular follow up of teams with various agencies for payments.
- Ensure that all financial as well as donor compliance related requirements are fulfilled which includes but not limited to requirements under FCRA, Income Tax Act, Companies Act, Provident Fund, etc.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Professional accountancy qualification, preferably Chartered Accountant with at least 7 years of progressively responsible management experience in finance, administration and human resources. At least 7 years of experience in finance, accounting, audit etc.
- At least 5 years’ relevant management experience in an NGO or comparable setting
Skills and Competencies:
- Extensive experience of managing multi-disciplinary staff and financial resources.
- Demonstrated experience of computerized accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Experience of providing technical support to, and capacity building of, organizations in the areas of financial management and compliance related matters.
- Very strong analytical skills, and attention to details
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel, primarily within India.
- Fluent in English and Hindi.
- Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS donor environment, funding streams and of institutions and networks that are making a significant global response to HIV
- Strong commitment to the key populations affected by the epidemic. The key population we work with include People Living with HIV (PLHIV), Men who have sex with men (MSM), transgenders, hijras, female sex workers (FSWs), and people who inject drugs (PWID)
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining strong and effective relations with donors, government functionaries and journalists
- Clarity on the responsibility and commitment towards community or key populations
5. TIME INVOLVEMENT
The time involvement on projects is 100 percent (8 hours x 5 days every week). The Finance Director reports to the Project Director.
6: LOCATION: Mumbai
7: COMPENSATION OFFERED:
We are an equal pay employer. Compensation offered is at par with market rate.
The following factors will be considered while finalizing salary:
- Experience of the candidate
- Educational qualifications and people management skills
8. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with a supporting covering letter, including the names of two references (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to email@example.com, mentioning the specific position in the email subject line by 23 June 2021.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd