Empanelments of Technical Experts
Organization: Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)
Apply By: 17 Jul 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Empanelment Of Technical Experts (National)
The Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) is in the process of empanelment of Technical Experts for various ongoing and upcoming technical projects and studies within India and across the globe. The Technical Experts will be empanelled from the following infrastructure sectors: Telecommunication, Power, Health, Urban, Transportation (roads, railways, airport, waterways), Disaster Risk Financing with requisite professional or academic experience.
Details regarding the eligibility, experience, requirements, payment, and the prescribed format of application are available in the following documents:
- Annexure 1: Terms of Reference (ToR) for engagement of Technical Experts (generic requirements/non-sector specific)
- Annexure 2: Rate List for empanelled Technical Expert
- Annexure 3: Application Format
The process of empanelment is aimed at creating a pool of experts for CDRI to draw on as required and does not constitute an offer or guarantee of work. Empanelment as a Technical Expert with CDRI, by itself, does not imply any certification or qualification of quality of the Expert. CDRI will empanel experts for an initial duration of 1 year and may be renewed based on performance.
This advertisement is open to Indian Nationals only.
The Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) is a multi-stakeholder global partnership of national governments, UN agencies and programmes, multilateral development banks and financing mechanisms, private sector, and academic and knowledge institutions. It aims to address the challenges of building resilience in infrastructure systems and their development. The vision, mission, goal, and objectives of the CDRI are linked to the post-2015 development agendas. The CDRI will also contribute to the resilience of global infrastructure systems in an increasingly interconnected world. The outcomes would lay foundation of resilient economies and society through cross-sector commitments at to global scale.
The CDRI will support countries to upgrade their systems for ensuring disaster and climate resilience of existing and future infrastructure. It seeks to rapidly expand the development and retrofit of resilient infrastructure for the SDGs objectives of universal access to basic services, enabling prosperity, and decent work. The CDRI envisions measurable reduction in infrastructure losses from disasters including extreme climate events.
The Government of India has established a Society in New Delhi to act as the Secretariat of CDRI. The Secretariat functions under the direction of the international Governing Council and implements the programmes of CDRI.
Background and Objective
Technical Experts are being engaged by the CDRI Secretariat to review technical aspects of documents relating to and created under the projects, initiatives, and studies of CDRI. The projects, initiatives and studies taken up by CDRI will be focused primarily on the six priority infrastructure sectors of Power, Transportation, Telecommunications, Urban, Health and Disaster Risk Financing. The technical experts would support the Secretariat through reviewing and evaluating sector specific technical documents that would be produced at the time of development of project and during their execution.
Scope of Work:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Expert (TE) will provide any or all of the following technical services to CDRI. The exact list of duties will be finalised at the time of issue of contract for work:
- TE will report to the project lead, or any other person nominated by CDRI.
- Assist CDRI in the review and evaluation of documents created by or submitted to CDRI on all technical aspects including financial, design and technical of projects.
- Review submissions of all linked vendors/partners/consultants and make concrete actionable recommendations and/or advisory.
- Review TOR and Scope of work for new studies/initiatives/projects under CDRI.
- Review and provide assessment and suggestions for improving the quality of all relevant documents, templates and tools currently utilized or developed by CDRI on DRI.
- Advise CDRI on technical, project planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and project closure, as requested.
- Review and provide assessment and recommendations for improving technical and project management policies, practices and procedures, currently in place at CDRI, as requested.
- Participate, as an observer, in meetings, as advised/requested by CDRI, on related matters for all stages of Technical Document preparation, project planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and closure.
- To attend meetings or conduct site visits, as confirmed by project lead or nominated person at CDRI.
The specific deliverables to be submitted by the TE would vary based on the task/s assigned from the list above and would be determined per assignment.
Education and Experience Required
- Advanced university degree (equivalent to postgraduate) in the field relevant to the study.
- Undergraduate technical degree in the same sector as that of the study
- Doctorate / PhD degree in the field relevant to the study
- Minimum relevant professional or academic experience in the field and technical area relevant to the study/project/initiative as per grades in Annexure 2.
- Experience of conducting technical review of project documents.
- Experience of similar roles for UN, World Bank, or international development and multilateral organizations
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must. Additional language skills would be desirable.
Selected Technical Experts will sign a contract with CDRI to support specific projects and actual work will be assigned through “Work Orders” specifying number of (8 hour) days of work and timeline.
As per the policy of CDRI, TE will be paid a per day all-inclusive professional fee ranging from INR 5000-15000 based on their grade/scale. See Annexure 2. Additionally, DSA as per CDRI policies may be applicable subject to the requirements of the assignment.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified domain experts may send their completed application in the prescribed format as indicated in Annexure 3 to: email@example.com with title “Application for Technical Expert – Power/ Urban/ Telecommunication/ Transportation/ Disaster Risk Financing/ Health (as applicable), for consideration of their candidature for empanelment by the CDRI on or before 17th July 2021.
To download the full ToR, click here
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd