BharatCares (by Indigive Foundation-registered as a Section 8 company) is a not for profit organization in India. The Foundation is the social impact arm of CSRBOX and its allied organisations. BharatCares has been gearing up to launch a few key-initiatives on education and healthcare In India. Our two upcoming programs are Baharat e-Shiksha and Bharat ki Beti.
Under Bharat e-Shiksha initiative we are supporting teachers and children in rural and remote areas and urban slum for inclusive education. We are providing content-loaded tablets or Smart TVs to community teachers/government teachers/volunteers to provide access to digital device and interactive learning tools along with the mentored learning support to the learners from government schools, with special focus on the class 6th to 10th.
Bharat ki Beti (BkB), a platform cum program based initiative under BharatCares, focuses on education, employability and entrepreneurship (3E) approach to support and empower 10,000 girls and women by 2025. BkB identifies aspiring girls and women from rural, remote and rurban areas and works with them and their families through an intense hand-holding and mentoring program for 18-36 months, which we term as ‘aspiration to inspiration’ journey. Bharat ki Beti embodies both platform approach and program implementation, given the hybrid and milestones-based impact framework that we follow.
We are a neo-culture social impact organisation and we believe in being frugal, innovative and value-driven. We are on a mission, and at times it takes a lot to complete that mission. Apply for this position, only if you are an individual who is driven by the passion to bring change and positive transformation in other individual’s life. Being self-centred is good, but this may not fit well with our mission and organisation culture till 2025.
About the Position
The purpose of the Communications Associate is to assist the senior leadership teams in strengthening their online presence and communications, building and implementing a branding roadmap and managing the day-to-day online (and offline) presence for ensuring organisational impact is shared, advocated and conveyed to range of stakeholders including Board members, partner governments, CSRs, funders, NGOs, CSOs, and ecosystem of influencers in the education, employability and entrepreneurships sectors at large.
Roles and Responsibilities
I. Strategic Communications (30%):
- To design various collaterals (monthly newsletters, centre exhibits, brochures, annual reports etc.) required for the organization and keep them updated.
- Online Presence: Manage the Bharat ki Beti (BkB) and IndiGive Foundation brand presence through: NGO portal listings, articles on relevant blogs, partnerships with various agencies
II. Online Marketing & Branding (40%)
- Design communication strategy for different stakeholders and translate into annual communication plan for both BkB and IndiGive Foundation
- Social Media: To keep online platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) of the organizations up to date and share updates on platforms as per the social media calendar
- To assist in promoting the brand BKB (online and offline marketing, media, events etc.) and ensuring that the guidelines are followed by the team
- Website: Maintain the BkB and IndiGive Foundation website with relevant, up to date information, and interesting clear content
- Create additional communication collateral as and when required
- Branding Compliance: Ensure compliance of the whole organization with branding guidelines, maintain a consistent message and voice for the organisation.
III. Offline Marketing & Branding (15%):
- Media: Cultivate relationships with traditional media outlets and online media to co-publish articles
- Design and share press kits with the media during any events or launch of any new initiative or training programs
- Manage press inquiries and write press releases as required
- Event Support: Design and implement brand representation for events where BkB is represented and programme events
IV. Thought Leadership & Organisational Support (15%):
- Publications: Types of publications this role is responsible for include:
- Articles / infographics
- Media – photo essays / videos
- Blogs & Case Studies
- Organisational Annual report
- Donor / Board Reporting
- Profile Raising: Finding and obtaining opportunities to raise the organisations including: Awards applications, fellowships, partnerships
- Speaking engagements: Sourcing speaking engagements for the BkB and IndiGive Foundation Leadership team in various forums to present our work
- Team Management: Intern & Volunteer Management: Train / Manage / Review the work of Communications Interns, if any
- Research and Support: Assist the Research & Monitoring team in designing and conceptualizing the publications
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Skills & Requirements:
- 01-03 years of work experience in the social sector, with a background in handling communications in an education/gender-based NGO/Start-up or communication agency.
- Proficient in designing softwares like Corel draw, Photoshop or online tools like Canva etc. Additional skills of working on mass mailing platforms etc. is preferable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and a functional knowledge (oral and written) of Hindi would be highly preferred
- A basic understanding of social equity, development discourse and Indian education and employability landscape
- Being able to take initiative and work in an autonomous, semi-structured environment
- Adaptability to changing responsibilities and resourcefulness to respond to them
- High openness to learning and ability to build and sustain relationships with multiple stakeholders & partners across public and private spaces
- Strong ability to create outstanding presentations, work with Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, and varied data sets
- Patience and resilience to stick it out in the face of setbacks and uncertainties
- Functional Skills
- Digital content production
- Journalism (incl. print, broadcast, photography, video, layout & graphics)
- Video production for digital platforms (including news organizations)
- Web publishing and content management
- MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
INR 5.40L-6.24L Annual with immense opportunities to work with a young and energetic team.