RFP for Grant/Proposal Writer Individual Consultant
Organization: Girl Effect
Apply By: 23 Jun 2021
Terms of Reference: Grant/Proposal Writer Individual Consultant
About the Organization:
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives. They’re creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, they are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that they use to solve global problems in a different way.
Context of the Role:
Girl Effect has a blended funding model that goes beyond charitable revenue. We seek philanthropic gifts and institutional grants to maintain the operations of Girl Effect and undertake new opportunities.
They are at a critical juncture of global growth, with an increasing focus on fund mobilisation, particularly increasing funding from key government institutions and foundations. As the current funding trends in international development are increasingly focused on competitive bids, Girl Effect is looking to contract a senior bid writer experienced at writing successful proposals to institutions and foundations.
What You will Do:
- Produce high-quality final capability statements, concept notes and proposals ready to be submitted to donors
- Synthesize technical information from relevant teams
- Draft concept notes and/or initial applications compliant with specific donor's requirements
- Develop outlines for full proposals and share with the Development and country teams for inputs
- Collect inputs from relevant teams and synthesize information to a draft proposal
- Complete logframes and indicators
- Work with the GE development team to edit and finalize the bid/proposals.
- Communication skills: you need to be able to collaborate with teams in various countries to craft proposals
- Mission alignment: they are looking for someone with a commitment to empowering adolescent girls; someone who believes in a girl’s right to take control of her health and her body, to pursue a livelihood of her own choice, to have a family when she’s ready, to make decisions for herself and her children.
Work Experience and Education Required:
- A BA degree in international development, social science or related discipline. Master degree in International Development preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the design, proposal writing of development initiatives for developing countries (focus in Africa and Asia particularly).
- Demonstrated experience in developing proposals for institutional donors is mandatory especially USAID (other donors including but not limited to SIDA, Dutch Government, key foundations etc).
- Demonstrated experience in successful grant applications particularly institutions and foundations.
- Experience in working on projects that target women and adolescent girls is preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with teams in different locations and from multiple organisations
- Excellent English speaking/writing skills required.
Expected Commitment: (18 days a month) for 6 months with the possibility of extension
Reporting: The consultant shall report to the Director of Governments and Consortia Partnerships who will assign all activities under the contract and approve all deliverables and invoices.
- Technical Proposal (Max 3-5 pages)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments carried out
- Demonstrate possession of qualification and experience required
- Financial Proposal
- The consultant shall provide a daily rate for carrying out the assignment
- The consultant may also propose additional pricing options or modalities for consideration.
- The price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable taxes should be quoted separately
- If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, GE shall assume that these are inclusive;
- Terms of reference published: Thursday 10th June 2021
- Extended Deadline for responses: Wednesday 23rd June
- Supplier selection, contracting and briefing: End June
- Project commencement: July
How To Apply:
Please submit proposals, as described above, to email@example.com by June 23rd 2021, 5:00 pm EAT latest. Please clearly mark your email with the subject ‘Grant/Proposal Writer’’
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd