Applications invited for Step Up! Global Grants Programme
Organization: Charities Aid Foundation
Apply By: 21 Jul 2021
Grant Amount: 10000 USD
About the Organization:
At CAF, we exist to make giving go further, so together we can transform more lives and communities around the world. We’re a charity, bank and champion for better giving, and for over 90 years we’ve been helping donors, companies and charities make a bigger impact. Our independence, expertise and reach mean we’re uniquely placed to do this. We make it easier to give when and how you want, in complete confidence. Our independent insight and advice helps your money go further. We make it possible for your company and people to give, and keep on giving, to make a bigger impact to the causes that matter to you
Step Up! Global Grants Programme:
The Step Up! Global Grants Programme, provided by AstraZeneca’s Young Health Programme, empowers small, youth-focused non-profit organisations to make change happen by enabling them to increase their impact and operate at a greater scale. Over the last three years, Step Up! has provided over $400,000 in grants to support organisations to develop and deliver effective health promotion programmes – with an emphasis on under-resourced communities in low- and middle-income countries. Climate change and non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are two defining challenges of the 21st century, each posing significant threats to health and sustainable development. Innovation is needed in order to face up to the climate and health challenges facing young people today. This year, we are looking to support projects which promote environmental sustainability while at the same time reducing NCD risk factors among young people.
Who can apply?
- The fund is open to registered charitable organisations with strong experience of delivering effective projects which make health and environmental improvements in young people’s lives.
- Organisations must be ‘funding-ready’ and able to provide appropriate documentation (in English) to verify their organisation’s charitable status and financial situation.
- We will support organisations from under-resourced communities worldwide. These are likely to be in low-income or lower-middle income countries or settings.
- Organisations which have been funded previously by AstraZeneca are welcome to apply, but not for the same project that was previously supported.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to support every organisation that applies and we will choose those projects which most closely fulfill the priorities listed below.
Selection Criteria: Step Up! always receives a high number of applications and we are unable to support all eligible organisations which apply. In selecting applications, we will prioritise a project if it:
- Addresses nutrition
- Utilises technology or digital health solutions in an inclusive way
- Is innovative: delivering something different from which we can learn (an existing approach in a new setting linked to a particular need, or a totally new approach)
- Is youth-led (ie primarily youth managed/designed)
- Involves young people as advocates for change in their communities
- Is run by an organisation with an income and capacity to deliver a grant of this size
- Is from an organisation which has not yet been supported by a StepUp! grant
- Operates in a low or lower-middle income country or setting
What we will not Fund?
- Organisations that
- are not registered as charitable
- were established and registered after 1 January 2019
- discriminate or primarily promote political or religious viewpoints to their beneficiaries
- use the funds to make grants or donations to other organisations or individuals
- are unable to supply appropriate documents including charitable registration, governance and financial documents and personal details of trustees/directors
- Projects that
- are already funded through the Young Health Programme or StepUp!
- provide treatment, medical advice or pay for medicine
- benefit AstraZeneca’s commercial business
- last more than 12 months
- have already taken place or are planned to start before February 2022
Funding: Grants of up to US $10,000 will be awarded to support the delivery of approximately 20 projects
For more information, please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd