Applications Invited for Transnational Research Proposals on Supporting Biodiversity and Ecosystem
Apply By: 30 Nov 2021
About the Organization
BiodivERsA is a network programming and funding research on biodiversity, ecosystem services and Nature-based solutions across Europe.
Created in 2005, BiodivERsA gathers 39 partners (Ministries in charge of research and environment, Research Funding Organisations, Foundations and Environmental Protection Agencies) from 25 European countries and associated countries.
As an ERA-NET COFUND, BiodivERsA receives funding from the European Commission under the EU’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
Over the past years, BiodivERsA has developed a great diversity of activities ranging from research mapping and programming to research funding, stakeholder engagement, dissemination of projects’ outputs and knowledge brokerage, with the main objectives to:
- strengthen links between researchers, research programmers, funders and the European Commission to develop a shared strategy for research on biodiversity, ecosystem services and Nature-based Solutions at the European level,
- engage stakeholders throughout the whole research process,
- disseminate knowledge, tools and solutions to better manage, conserve and protect biodiversity.
About the Grant
Biodiversa+, the European Biodiversity Partnership, is pleased to announce that its 2021-2022 joint Call for Transnational Research Proposals on “Supporting biodiversity and ecosystem protection across land and sea” is now open.
The launch of this call also marks the official start of Biodiversa+ (formal launch event is planned 17-18 November 2021.
This call aims to support transnational research projects (3-years duration) addressing one or more of the three (non-exclusive) themes below:
- THEME 1 – Knowledge for identifying priority conservation areas, establishing effective and resilient ecological networks, enhancing species-based protection and preserving genetic diversity
- THEME 2 – Multiple benefits and costs of biodiversity and ecosystem protection: synergies and trade-offs
- THEME 3 – Effective management and equitable governance to deliver bold conservation outcome
Projects combining aspects from several themes are encouraged. This call is focused on the protection of biodiversity in the wild. This does not, for example, include efforts for restoration of habitats and species, or ex-situ conservation.
The call covers all environments, i.e. terrestrial, freshwater and marine. It also covers research on biodiversity conservation in the Outermost Regions (ORs) and Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) of the EU.
- Research teams will be invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible partners from minimum 3 countries participating in the call (including minimum two from EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
Deadline for pre-proposals submission (mandatory): Tuesday 30 November 2021, 15:00 CET (local time in Brussels)
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd