Applications Invited for Rise Up’s Youth Champions Initiative 2021
Organization: Rise Up
Event Duration: 17 Jun. 2021 - 15 Jul. 2021
Apply By: 15 Jul 2021
About the Organization:
Rise Up activates women and girls to transform their lives, families and communities for a more just and equitable world through investment in local solutions, strengthening leadership, and building movements. Since 2009, their powerful network of over 600 leaders has successfully advocated for 120 new and improved laws and policies impacting 135 million people in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the U.S. They see a future with girls and women thriving in a more just and equitable world and they believe in the power of girls and women to drive exponential change.
Rise Up’s Youth Champions Initiative
Rise Up partnered with the Packard Foundation to launch the Youth Champions Initiative – an exciting initiative to advance innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally. The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) invests in visionary young champions who will lead the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice (SRHRJ) movement for the next generation.
Rise Up’s Youth Champions Initiative invests in powerful young leaders ages 18-29 who are leading the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice movement in Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, Rwanda, and the United States. The externally validated model enables young leaders to create large-scale change through leadership development, technology, innovation, and advocacy.
Youth Champions Initiative improves the lives of young people by advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice globally. Recent successes include:
- Leveraging WhatsApp in India to deliver youth-friendly mobile instant messaging on SRH;
- Developing an animated television series in Ethiopia about girl super heroines fighting for girls’ health and rights;
- Creating comic books in Pakistan to deliver healthy menstrual hygiene information to girls and their families;
- Teaching youth in the United States to use art, dance, and spoken word poetry to advocate for comprehensive sexuality education.
- The application is open for current residents of India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and the U.S. states of Mississippi and Louisiana only, regardless of their citizenship or legal status. After the Incubator, they expect Youth Champions to return to their countries of residence and begin implementing what they learn and impact the youth in those countries immediately. Applications from students or other people residing in other countries will not be considered.
- Only applications from or residing in India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and the U.S. South will be accepted.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd