Applications Invited for Sakharov Fellowship 2021
Organization: European Parliament
Apply By: 30 Jul 2021
About the Organization:
The European Parliament is an important forum for political debate and decision-making at the EU level. The Members of the European Parliament are directly elected by voters in all Member States to represent people’s interests with regard to EU law-making and to make sure other EU institutions are working democratically.
Sakharov Fellowship 2021:
The European Parliament's Sakharov Fellowship offers up to 14 human rights defenders selected from non-EU countries the opportunity to follow a two week intensive training in Brussels and at the Global Campus of Human Rights in Venice. It has been organised annually since 2016 further to an initiative taken by the Sakharov Prize Community at the 25th Anniversary Conference of the Sakharov Prize. The Brussels programme focuses on EU policies and tools in support of human rights defenders, accessing funding, developing communications skills, and raising awareness of specific security challenges facing human rights defenders. It further includes meetings with Members of Parliament, officials of the EU institutions and Brussels-based NGOs. The Fellows will also have space for individual advocacy and networking activities. Training at the Global Campus of Human Rights in Venice combines academic teaching on international human rights law, instruments and mechanisms with case studies and provides practical tools for improving the work of human rights defenders to effect change on the ground. Lecturers include prominent academics, representatives of leading human rights NGOs, Sakharov Prize laureates and other outstanding human rights practitioners.
What you can gain?
Under the Sakharov Fellowship training programme human rights defenders will:
- enhance their knowledge of EU and international human rights frameworks, policies and mechanisms and
- develop capacities to advocate for and effect positive change to protect human rights.
- Beyond the training, Sakharov Fellows will
- help grow the network of Sakharov Fellows to share best practices, disseminate the acquired knowledge and extend awareness of the Sakharov Prize and the Sakharov Community;
- have the opportunity to maintain links with the work of the European Parliament and continue liaising with EU Delegations in their respective countries.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Candidates should have a proven record in campaigning for human rights in a NGO or other organisation or in an individual capacity.
- They must have a high level of English, sufficient to follow and contribute to discussion groups and workshops in Brussels and Venice.
Deadline: 30th July, 2021
For more information, please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd