Applications Invited for Commonwealth Blue Charter Project Incubator
Organization: The Commonwealth
Apply By: 10 Jan 2023
About the Organization
The Commonwealth Blue Charter is an agreement by all 56 member countries to actively cooperate to support ocean action and meet commitments for sustainable ocean development. Its work programme is implemented through 10 Action Groups, led or co-led by 16 champion countries.
To date, at least 46 Commonwealth countries have joined one or more Action Groups.
The Commonwealth Blue Charter Project Incubator was launched at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in June 2022 and managed by the Commonwealth Secretariat, in close cooperation with Blue Charter members and Action Groups. The initiative is supported by an initial contribution from the Commonwealth Fund for Technical Cooperation, with additional commitments from Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Vibrant Oceans Initiative.
About the Fellowship
The Commonwealth Blue Charter Project Incubator supports the development of governments’ projects under the Commonwealth Blue Charter that accelerate their transition to fair, sustainable and inclusive marine conservation and maritime development, while mitigating and adapting to climate change.
The Incubator supports Commonwealth governments and their partners developing solutions that address shared ocean issues. While the grants are modest (£5k - £50k), the scope is large, and can include project-related capacity building, the writing of larger project proposals, ‘rapid assessments’, and proof-of-concept pilot projects. In summary, the Project Incubator:
- Encourages the development of projects under each of the Commonwealth Blue Charter Action Group themes;
- Focuses on the entire project cycle, including rapid assessments, proof-of-concept and small-sized projects;
- Assists in the development of funding proposals for medium-sized and larger projects;
- Provides mentoring and technical support;
- Facilitates project partnerships with non-governmental entities;
- Encourages planning for sustainability and scaling up, including regional initiatives;
- Supports ideas that dare to be different –innovative and cooperative solutions;
- Supports meeting global ocean commitments including ’30 by 30’ and the UN SDGs;
- Encourages the engagement of women, youth, LGBTI, Indigenous Peoples and local communities;
- Follows best practices, including transparency, accountability, and inclusivity.
Who can Apply
All applications must have a Commonwealth Government as the lead project entity. The lead entity is responsible for the delivery of the project. In a situation where the Government may not be equipped to receive international funding, it may assign a fiscal agent1 or one of the project partners to manage the grant’s finances. However, the lead Government remains responsible for overseeing the proper disbursement of these funds.
Additionally, partnering with non-governmental entities is strongly recommended
How to Apply
The Commonwealth Blue Charter Project Incubator is now accepting applications under its first Small Grants Round. This round of applications closes on 10 January 2023.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd